Waking up every day with low self-esteem can be very debilitating. In fact, exhausting might be a better word. Building self-esteem is something we all have to work on at different points in our life.
Help with your low self-esteem.
Building self-esteem really is in your control.
Remember you cannot change anyone else, but you can change yourself. In fact, changing others is impossible, but changing yourself is very achievable.
If you find yourself with negative thoughts in your head, very soon you will actually start to believe it. Very soon you will convince yourself that you really are not “worthy”. Change requires one very important element. If we do not recognise that something needs to change it is highly unlikely we will ever move forward.
As a life coach, I see this in just about every area of my life. Unfortunately, social media doesn’t help.
It’s been estimated by Good Housekeeping that over 60% of 10-17-year-old girls suffer from low self-esteem. Other surveys put that figure even higher for other groups. Only people who want to change will ever achieve anything.
Build confidence quickly.
Okay, so it’s time to make a change. What next? Well, it’s surprising how the little things can add up to make a difference.
So let’s see how we can improve your self-esteem and get your journey started. Your day to day activities really do make a difference. Some of these ideas will only take a few minutes each day so there’s nothing to lose.
- Getting up first thing in the morning, embracing the world and embracing your life will be a good start. We all know that a strong and positive mental attitude can achieve amazing things. I work with all my students to make the switch from negativity to positivity.
- Listening to what is generally known these days as “Self Talk’. Those voices in your head control your mood so listening to how you talk to yourself plays a big part in building your self-esteem to where it should be. We all have this narrative in our head. So changing the story will almost immediately change how you feel about yourself.
- Studies have shown that exercise is also a major factor. It will allow you to produce levels of dopamine, which in turn increases motivation and helps build self-esteem. A brisk walk brings about changes in the body and mind that are hard to measure.
And the best part of all is ….. it’s free! So spending time getting a bit of oxygen in your lungs will work miracles.
- Every time you find yourself doubting or criticising yourself, start to kick back and challenge those beliefs. After all, that confident person you know and aspire to be like is no better than you. They just have a more positive mindset. So they see the opportunity, not the threat.
- Look after yourself. Paying attention to what you wear and what you eat both make a contribution to how you feel about yourself.
- Build healthy relationships. Finding true and loyal friends is something we all struggle at but you don’t need to find the ultimate superhero. Having friends with a common interest, no matter what that interest, is enough.
If you try and make one person satisfy your every need you will fail. One common interest is enough to feel the worth.
- Step away from social media. Oh my goodness – what a sad place that can be. The Huffington Post reported that 57% of single people say that they are driven by a fear of missing out.
Believe me – you are not missing out on anything. So if you want to boost your self-esteem put down the mobile phone occasionally.
- Getting your “critical thoughts” in line is vital. Critical thinking is the ability to think clearly and to think rationally.
Help with low self-esteem. Feel good about yourself.
And finally, get some great help from a life coach. It’s not a sign of failure to ask for help, it’s a sign that you have started your journey and that you take YOU seriously.
Start building a healthy self-image by booking your free consultation today.
If you would like help with your low self-esteem, call Stephen today on 07984 493798
So together we can increase your value and your self-belief. We can put negative issues to one side and start to realise your full potential. It is so invigorating.
As a life coach, I know how empowering just a simple change in your self-worth can be. Suddenly everything seems so much easier. Suddenly you’re in control.
The power of self-confidence is really quite remarkable.
Help with self-esteem. What causes poor self-esteem?
At some time in the past, something has happened.
There are many triggers and don’t for one second think you are alone. Millions of people in this country suffer from poor self-esteem. In fact, I would go much further and say that everyone at some point in their lives has questioned their abilities. It’s just that some people are better at hiding it than others.
- Being bullied at school or pressure from parents is often a contributing factor for people with low self-esteem. This can be physical or verbal abuse or both.
- Losing your job can often create similar feelings particularly if you are older. Young people will struggle if they cannot find a job.
- Stress at work or home can be a major factor. We all handle stress in different ways and over time this will often lead to feelings of self-doubt.
- Relationships are very important. Negative partners can often make us feel we are not all we should be.
- Advertising is always putting out strong images of how we should look and behave. So that is not helpful if we feel we do not measure up to their ideals.
- Concerns over how we look is often a strong contributing factor.
Healthy self-esteem. How I will help you improve your low self-esteem.
- My first job is to understand the underlying causes and confront them head-on.
- We then start to look at your values and your inner power because that’s where the trigger points are hidden.
- Your mental health is also vital to this process so I will focus on the positive things that you bring to the table.
- I have a set of life tools that will make a huge difference in how you feel about yourself.
Looking for help with your low self-esteem? I can help so call me today in total confidence on 07984 493798.
The first consultation is absolutely free. So you have everything to gain and absolutely nothing to lose.